Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby Shower in Chicago

First I am sorry for such a lag in posts, please note I will be posting for the next 5 days or so to fill in all that I have missed ;)

I had a wonderful baby shower in Chicago over Christmas that was thrown by my mom, aunt, best friend Kerry and her mom.  It was soo much fun and I was so excited that so many people were able to make the shower even so close to Christmas!  Since we live in Texas and were driving had a "book" shower and most other gifts were mailed to me in Texas, it was so fun to receive them in the mail at home and wonderful to start building our little boys library of books!  So many people brought some of their favorite books from when they were little which was wonderful and we all had a little time remembering how much we all loved many of these books.
A picture of the dessert table, my mom and I made the cupcakes and were pretty proud that they matched the gluten free ones that we bought...haha!
 Kerry put up these cute onesies, love them and they were perfect decor!!
 Kerry and I who have been best friends since the age of 6 months and 3 months, I love that I have known her my whole life and can not believe we will both now have little boys of our own! Wish so much we lived closer so our boys could get to know each other as well as we do!!
 Mom's and daughters, our moms have also been wonderful friends for 30 years now! 
 A picture of 4 generations, well one has not debuted yet ;)  A wonderful picture of my Aunt Jannean, me, my grandma and my mom!
 Showing off one of the many books that I received at the shower...
 Another book, this one has a rattle in the side too...
 Growing up one of our (my mom, Kerry's mom, Kerry and I) favorite books was one called the Little Fur Family, just and adorable book which always made Kerry's mom cry since it was just so cute.  They could not find a copy in time for the shower so we had Kerry's son's and my mom read a few pages.  Moira, Kerry's mom started to tear up on command, pretty cute but hope to get one and have it be one of my little one's favorites too!
 A favorite book by just about everyone that was there...thank you Hartzog family ;)
This was a gift from my dad :) He found it this fall, so cute and will be soo true considering our little man will not only be the first grandchild on both sides but the first great grandchild on both sides of our family ;)  Although he is just following in his parents footsteps as that is the case for both Jared and I!
A picture with all of the family who were able to make it from the Burke side, was so glad they were all there to celebrate with me!
My friend Heidi made the trip all the way to Chicago from Grand Rapids, it was WONDERFUL to see her and have her come all that way especially since they just recently moved to Orlando so was not sure when the next time I would get to see her would be!
My mother-in-law and I ;)  She also traveled quite a long way to be there and was so glad she was able to make it!!
I had such a wonderful time and thank you soo much to everyone that came and all the wonderful gifts that I received!!

1 comment: